This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors. Our 3D virtual video also allows you to walk through the Cottage.
Access Statement for Cuil Moss Cottage
Set amidst the natural splendour of the West Highlands of Scotland where the deep shores of Loch Linnhe meet the towering peaks of Ben Keil, Ardgour is a superb base for touring this beautiful and unspoilt part of Scotland with easy access to many areas and attractions.
Planning a trip for two to celebrate a special occasion? Cuil Moss Self-catering cottage is the ideal choice for a romantic retreat, giving you the opportunity to really spend some quality time together.
Cuil Moss cottage is a formers Shepherds Bothy which has been fully renovated to a high standard, and feels like a real luxury home from home. The cottage is open plan living, with windows on all sides to make the most of the views and natural light.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 07595601799 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For full details on how to reach please see the directions on our website. Alternatively you can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.transportdirect.info; simply enter your postcode and ours, which is PH33 7AB to get directions.
- The nearest railway station in Fort William which is 12miles away. Taxis are available the station. If you require an accessible taxi this can be booked in advance. See contact information.
- The nearest bus stop is in the village of Clovullin 1.5miles from the cottage. There is a shelter with seating at the bus stop. If you ask the driver of Sheil Bus (the local service) they will drop you of at the end of the cottage driveway. The local bus time table does vary please use www.sheilbuses.co.uk to check times. The main City Link bus stop is on the other side of the Corran Ferry 200m up a steep hill. There is a shelter and seat. Please see www.citylink.co.uk.
- The main road at the end of the cottage driveway is flat, but please note it is a rural road with no pavement.
- The nearest shop Mobility is in Fort William, next to train station please see contact details.
- You can arrange to have your shopping delivered before arrival by Ardgour Stores, please contact them on Tel: 01855 841 227 or email@example.com.
- Full Details of Cuil Moss Cottage and this access statement are available in large print on request.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- We always ensure one of your hosts is at the cottage to welcome you and hand over Cuil Moss Cottage Keys.
- A host will always be on hand to offer a familiarisation of the property on your arrival, and any guidance throughout your stay.
- Cuil Moss Cottage has private parking at the cottage for up to 3 cars. The parking is on gravel, 10 meters from the main cottage door.
- The path to the cottage door is a slight incline and gravel
- There is an outside light on the cottage.
- There are garden lights which light the path up to the cottage door.
Entrance to Property
- The front door is 82cm wide.
- There is one step into the cottage. An alternative wide entrance at the patio doors with only a small step of 20cm is available at the rear of the property which is accessed via a flat patio path.
- The floor covering inside the cottage is flat slate tiles with an even non slip surface.
- There is an outside light by all the doors and entrances.
- The cottage is well lite inside the entrance.
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- The cottage is all on one level there are no stairs within the cottage.
- The hallway is well lit with spot lights
- The hallway is 90cm wide at its narrowest.
- The flooring is even, non-slip slate throughout the whole cottage.
- The Sitting Room/ Lounge is on all on one level.
- The room has one large corner sofa and one rocking chair.
- The decorative feather cushions can be removed on request
- There is a wide cushioned coffee table which can be removed if requested at booking.
- Furniture can be moved.
- The living room has excellent natural daylight with 3 large concertina doors opening onto the garden.
- Night time lighting is controlled by dimmer switches, a combination of wall uplighters and lamps.
- Flooring is even, non-slip slate floor with a low pile 100% wool Anta rug.
- The living room has a wall mounted wide screen TV/ DVD which can be angled to suit viewing position or hidden behind curtain, with a remote control, subtitles and audio description facilities.
- The living room also has a wood burning stove, This will normally be on for arrival in the winter with a full log basket by the fire, please let us know on booking if you do not wish us to light the fire.
- The unlimited log and kindling supply is located to the side of the cottage 5m on the gravel path.
- The cottage has a set of binoculars for our guests to use.
- The dining table is situated between the living room and kitchen space under a window.
- The floor is even, non-slip slate tiles
- The dining table is high to make the most of the view it is 100cm tall.
- The table and two cushioned high back chairs are moveable.
- There is space around the table
- Lighting is natural daylight with a spot light above table.
- The kitchen is situated on the right of the open plan living room/dinner.
- The kitchen is ‘U’ shaped and has lots of free space.
- The floor is even, non-slip slate tiles.
- The oven is a RangeMaster Electric oven with Gas hobs
- The Hob is 90cm above the floor
- Worktop and sink are 90cm above the floor
- The built in fridge in the kitchen has a highest shelf at 70cm and lowest drawer at 31cm
- There is one row of high wall units.
- Glasses and crockery can be moved to lower cabinets if required, please let us know when booking.
- Lighting is spot lights and one decorative light above sink which can all be controlled by dimmers.
- The units are a dark colour whilst the walls are light.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- Cuil Moss Cottage has 1 bedroom, with a king-size bed.
- The bedroom is on the same level as the rest of the cottage with no steps.
- The hallway opening into the bedroom is 90cm at its narrowest.
- The Flooring is even, non-slip slate, with a low pile rug around the bed area.
- The King-sized bed cannot be moved, however a free standing chest of drawers, and armchair can easily be removed or both be rearranged if requested on booking, please see photos of bed position.
- Decorative feather cushions can be moved before arrival on request.
- The bedding is high quality, both the duvet and pillows are feather free and made of silk.
- Lighting is natural day light with 3 large windows. At night an overhead chandelier which can be controlled by a dimmer switch is in the centre of the room. There are a further two bedside wall lights, and a lamp,
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
- The bathroom is located centrally between the living room/kitchen and the bedroom.
- The Bathroom is accessed through a sliding door.
- The Door opening is 88cm wide.
- The floor is even, non-slip slate.
- The bathroom has two sinks and counter top which are 85cm from floor
- There is a small step down of 20cm into the double shower.
- There is a large Jacuzzi bath.
- The bath and sinks have lever taps
- There is natural light for day time. Night time lighting very good with 4 spot lights in celling and two in walls.
- The utility room is on the side of the cottage.
- It has one step into it, which is 30cm.
- The door opening on the utility room is 111cm wide.
- The utility room houses a front loading washing machine and a front loading tumble drier at floor level and a freezer on the work top which is 90cm high.
- The room is lit by two large celling lights
- The floor is laminate.
- There is a ceiling hung pulley maid to dry clothing which can be lowered and raised by a rope.
- The Garden to the front of the cottage is a very gradual sloped lawn.
- There is a flat gravel path along the front of the cottage
- A flat patio path leads around the side and back of the cottage.
- There is a large flat patio to the rear of the cottage which can be accessed by either the 3 large concertina doors from the living room with a small step of 20cm, or the door in the hallway with a larger step.
- The patio area had a table and two chairs which are light and can be moved easily. Cushions for the chairs are kept within the cottage.
- The patio area is surrounded by raised beds.
- There is a flight of 9 gravel steps which lead to the higher tier of the garden which is flat lawn. There is a stone bench at the top of the steps with views to Ben Nevis.
- There is also a wooden bench at front left of the cottage next to the main door, and a stone bench to the right.
- Trained assistance dogs are very welcome.
- All areas in the cottage have good colour contrast between the floor, doors and walls. The kitchen is dark with light walls.
- The cottage has moderate mobile phone reception.
- The cottage has unlimited WIFI
- The nearest Hospital with an A&E is 12 miles away in Fort William, a ferry crossing is required.
- The nearest Doctors Surgery or Pharmacy is also 12 miles away in Fort William, a ferry crossing is required.
- Sat Nav is not always reliable in remote parts of Scotland, please call us if you require any assistance with directions.
- We are very happy to take bookings either direct on our website or by phone.
- The cottage has an extensive Information folder which is in large print.
- We would like to improve our accessibility, so any feedback or comments are very welcome to assist us with this.
Cuil Moss Cottage
By Fort William
- Telephone: 07595601799
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.ardgourestate.co.uk
- Grid Reference: NM 99130 62543
- Hours Of Operation: 8am till 6pm (evenings available by email)
- Local Accessible Taxi:
- Sunnart Private Hire – 01967 402 200
- Grey Hound Taxi www.greyhound-taxis.co.uk.